I confess, I have gone a little crazy with the Bliss Balls this week. I think I've made four versions this week; I'm a little obsessed. But now that I've created this nut-free version, I think I'm done for a while. :)
I posted the recipe for a Coconut version on my facebook page, which prompted several people to ask for a nut-free version. So here it is! Made with dried dates and apricots, I think it's my new favourite.
I've included a picture of the coconut and apricots that I buy. They both have no added sulfur or preservatives. I buy them online from www.mypaleo.com.au.
Nut-Free Bliss Balls.
Makes about 40.
1 cup dried dates
1 cup dried apricots
2 cups desiccated coconut
1/3 cup coconut butter
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup desiccated coconut (extra) for rolling.
- Put dried fruit in a microwave proof bowl, cover with hot water and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Warm coconut butter and coconut oil in the microwave to melt.
- Put all ingredients in food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls, then roll in desiccated coconut.
- Eat straight away, or put in fridge or freezer to harden slightly.