I didn't know this dessert was called a clafoutis. I just remembered I used to make a fruit dessert that used lots of milk when I was growing up.
From Wikipedia: 'A Clafoutis is a baked French dessert of black cherries arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm.'
Well, I had lots of almond milk to use up and thought I'd give this recipe from Taste a try with quite a few substitutions.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 65 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 770g tin pie apple
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. (350F/320F)
- Grease a 6 cup-capacity ceramic baking dish.
- Combine flour, honey and eggs in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add oil, almond milk and spices. Whisk to combine.
- Place pie apple in prepared dish. Add milk mixture.
- Bake for around 60 minutes or until just set.