Well, they are made from cacao butter and coconut oil and only sweetened with honey.
Cacao Butter is a good source of Vitamin E (beta- and gamma- tocopherols) and has a unique composition including the essential fatty acids Omega-6 and monounsaturated Omega-9 (oleic acid, like olive oil) as well as stearic acid - an unusual fat in that it neither increases nor decreases blood cholesterol.
Coconut oil has a huge range of uses and benefits to our bodies. Virgin coconut oil has the ability to help control weight, improve cardiovascular health, help both our metabolism, bowel and digestive systems work optimally and also helps us to better absorb vitamins and minerals. Click here for more info.
So eat up and enjoy!
White Chocolate (Paleo & SCD)
Preparation time: 10 mins
Setting time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao butter
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon cashew butter
- Melt cacao butter in the microwave (about 2 mins)
- Melt coconut oil in microwave (about 30 seconds)
- Combine oils, mixing well.
- Mix in honey and cashew butter.
- Pour into chocolate molds or mini muffin papers.
- Put into the fridge or freezer to set (about 30 mins)
- After unmolding chocolates, store in the fridge or freezer.
- Half fill chocolate molds with mixture, allow to set in fridge or freezer. Add small amount of nut butter to each mold, then top up with remaining mixture. :)
- Put nuts or shredded coconut into the bottom of molds before filling with mixture.
- You can leave the cashew butter out of this recipe, but I like the creamy nuttiness it adds.
- If you aren't SCD, other sweeteners work fabulously well in this recipe. Try maple syrup, rice malt syrup, agave syrup or liquid stevia. :)
- Have you seen my new social media widget? You can now easily subscribe for updates via email, Facebook, Twitter or Google +. :)