Many homes here have their own lemon tree and it's not uncommon for bags of lemons to be left on the curb or workplace with a sign saying 'Help Yourself.'
Our lemon tree took a while to get going, but now we have an abundance. :) What to do with all the lemons?
Middle teenage daughter likes putting a squeeze of lemon in hot water in the morning and the rest of us like it on our fish.
I like lemon in cookies. :)
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 7-8 mins
Makes 20 cookies.
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup cashew butter
For the icing:
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350F).
- Mix almond and coconut flours, coconut and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave (about 1 min)
- Warm cashew butter and honey in the microwave.
- Add warmed cashew butter, oil and honey to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking paper on baking tray.
- Flatten into nice round shape. :)
- Cook for 7-8 mins until light golden brown. Careful, they brown quickly!
- Take out of oven and cool on trays - they are fragile but will crisp up on cooling.
- For icing: Melt the coconut oil slightly and mix with the honey. You can either add the lemon zest to the icing or sprinkle it over the top of the iced cookies.
- Wait until cookies are cold before icing. If icing is too stiff, warm slightly in microwave before spreading.
- Eat! :)
Have you seen my new social media widget? You can now easily subscribe for updates via email, Facebook, Twitter or Google +. :)