Anyway, even though it's winter, this green grocer has wonderful, fresh zucchini.
This bread is DELICIOUS! It passes the husband the kids test (all not SCD/Paleo) with flying colours. :)
It's moist, spicy and smells heavenly.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
1/2 cup walnuts
4 medjool dates
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup honey (warmed in microwave)
1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320F)
- Chop walnuts and dates in food processor until in small chunks.
- Put walnuts and dates into mixing bowl.
- Add flours, spice and soda and mix well, breaking up any lumps.
- Add coconut oil and honey and mix well.
- Puree banana and eggs in food processor.
- Add to mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add grated zucchini and stir in.
- Line a small bread pan with baking paper and scoop mixture in.
- Flatten top.
- Bake in oven for about 40 mins until brown and feels done on top. Will firm up on cooling.
- Cool before slicing. Yum!
- Have you seen my new social media widget? You can now easily subscribe for updates via email, Facebook, Twitter or Google +. :)