I was SO excited to find dried bananas (without preservatives) at my Health Food Shop this week. Yay! Another food I can eat! I did buy a dehydrator a couple of years ago, but it is such a huge effort to use that it hasn't been out of its box in quite a while.
Why do I love Bliss Balls so much? Well, they are SO easy! There must be a million variations you can make (see my original and orange versions) and they are so good for you. I think, too, that I'm less likely to eat so many of them, compared to cookies. I'm not sure why! :)
I've finished my 21 Day Sugar Detox and I'll post a write up about it soon, but it has made me realize how little sweetener you really need to add to treats. These don't have any added honey and they truly don't need it.
Banana Bliss Balls.
Prep time: 30 mins
Makes: around 70
3 cups raw cashew nuts
250g (9oz) dried bananas
1/3 cup oil (I used a mixture of melted cacao & coconut oil)
1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed for SCD)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (for rolling)
- Melt the oil in the microwave.
- Chop the cashew nuts in a food processor until fine.
- Add the dried bananas and process again.
- Add the melted oil and orange juice and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and roll in the coconut.
- Store in fridge or freezer. :)