Do you love dried fruit?
My Dad and I are the dried fruit fans in our family. I remember Dad always had a glass jar full of dried dates in the pantry and I often helped myself. I also love dried fruit treats like fruit mince pies and Christmas pudding.
So now it's December, I need to get cracking with that Christmas baking! I found some preservative-free sultanas and apricots online at www.mypaleo.com.au
The Christmas tree is up, the carols are playing and this Fruit Mince Slice tastes like Christmas to me. :) If I can say so myself, this is REALLY good! Enjoy! xx
Fruit Mince Slice.
For the pastry:
3 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
4 Tablespoons coconut oil
6 Tablespoons honey
Filling:3 cups dried fruit (I used sultanas, dates & apricots)
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320F).
- Chop dried fruit into small pieces and combine with orange juice in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Mix in spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, breaking up any lumps.
- Melt coconut oil and honey in the microwave, then add to flours.
- Mix in eggs.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Press half of mixture into a 20 cm (8 inch) square pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and spread with the fruit mixture.
- Roll the remaining half of the pastry between two pieces of baking paper.
- Put the pastry on top of the fruit mixture.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Cool before slicing. Freezes well.
|Before baking. :)|
Would you like updates of new recipes? You can subscribe via email or connect with Facebook, Twitter or G+ on my new widget (top right of thepage!) :)