I don't think I've mentioned before that my full time job (as well as being a mum, of course!) is working as a teacher. I love learning with my students each day and I have fabulous colleagues who are beautiful friends. I'm so blessed.
But since my life has had such a turn with my health journey, I decided to do some more study this year. I've just started a Grad Dip in Home Economics so that I can be the Food Tech and Health teacher. Woo Hoo! It's a two year part time course and I'm just loving it.
Isn't it funny how your life can take turns you'd never expect? As I'm learning more about health and food, there is so much I'd like to do with my life and so much I want to share with others. (I think that's a teacher thing!)
Anyway, life is good but BUSY!
But there's always time for cookies. :)
Apricot, Fig & Macadamia Nut Cookies.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10-12 mins
Makes around 30 cookies
|Macadamia Nut Butter|
1 cup dried figs
1 cup dried apricots
2 cups desiccated coconut (very finely shredded)
1 cup macadamia nut butter
1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius (300F)
- Chop each dried fig in half, then put in your food processor with 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Process until chopped.
- Repeat with dried apricots, using the other cup of coconut.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the macadamia nut butter, honey and eggs.
- Add the chopped fruit, coconut and roughly chopped macadamia nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Form into a cookie shape.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until starting to brown.
- Cool on trays.
Notes: If making your own Macadamia Nut Butter for this recipe, process 2 cups of macadamias to make just over 1 cup of butter.
I've just discovered Instagram! Come see what I'm cooking & eating @anaussiewithcrohns
or come and say Hi on Facebook.