On Sunday I had a fantastic day out with my daughter, Daisy. She is almost 19 and studying Journalism at RMIT in Melbourne. Daisy is very interested in healthy food and exercise. Here's her blog if you are interested. :)
|Ashy, Daisy & Nicole.|
I've got to give a shout out to my gorgeous mum here. As I was growing up she talked about The Pill not being good for women and how it could upset your system. My mum was certainly ahead of her time. Thanks, Mum, for all that health advice you researched and gave to us. Who knows where I'd be if you hadn't adjusted our diet and environment to heal your health problems. You're awesome, Mum. xx
A long time ago, I used to love Fruit n Nut chocolate. :) Really, if you're going to have chocolate, it has to include nuts. Now that chocolate is off the menu, I really appreciate treats like this one. The cacao butter, coconut oil and nut butter give a creamy, chocolatey taste. And the addition of the sultanas and roasted nuts just makes it bliss.
Enjoy! Good fats are GOOD for us! Woo Hoo to that! :)
Fruit n Nut Fudge (Paleo & SCD)
Prep time: 10 mins
Set time: 30 mins
Makes - one 20 cm square pan full. Cut into as many pieces as you like.
1 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 cup flaked almonds
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup nut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup sultanas (golden raisins)
1/4 tsp honey
- Line a 20cm (8 inch) pan with baking paper.
- Toast the macadamia nuts in a dry frypan over medium heat. Stir regularly, and remove from heat when lightly browned.
- Repeat for the flaked almonds.
- Meanwhile, melt the cacao butter in the microwave (about 2 minutes).
- Melt the coconut oil (about 30 seconds) in the microwave.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the melted cacao butter, coconut oil and nut butter.
- Mix in the honey, vanilla and sultanas.
- Finally, stir through the toasted nuts. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading the nuts and sultanas evenly across the bottom.
- Put in the fridge or freezer to set.
- When fully set, cut into pieces.
- I store mine in the freezer.
- Enjoy! :)
Thanks to all the people who've come and said Hi on Facebook. It's lovely meeting you all!
I'm also now on Instagram @anaussiewithcrohns :)