Every day I say, "I LOVE food!"
My kids are sick of hearing it, but I really do! I love all the delicious, fresh foods that I eat every day. Now I can add a little bit of cacao powder back into my diet, I really love food! :)
I've been having great fun teaching some Food Technology and Health lessons at school. It's inspired me to try so many new dishes. Tonight I'm trying the Spiced Rice that my Year 11s cooked this week, but mine will use cauliflower instead of rice. If you're on Instragram, you'll be able to see how it turns out!
Do you prefer cookies or bliss balls? I just can't decide. I do know, though, that these Chocolate Bliss Balls are my favourite version so far. If you haven't already, check out my Original Bliss Balls, Banana Bliss Balls or Orange Bliss Balls.
I love the way Bliss Balls are so quick and easy! This version are rich, chocolatey and gooey in the middle. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS
1 cup cashews
1 cup dried dates
1/3 cup coconut butter/paste
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 to 3 Tbsp cacao powder
Desiccated coconut for rolling.
- Toast cashews in frypan until golden brown.
- Blitz cashews in food processor until fine.
- Put dried dates into a microwave proof bowl. Cover with water and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain dates well.
- Put in food processor with the cashews. Add the coconut butter, coconut oil and cacao powder.
- Process until mixture comes together. Add a bit more coconut butter if you need to.
- Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Eat straight away or store in fridge to harden slightly.