So I've been experimenting with very quick and easy treats to make. I've found Instagram is so much quicker than blogging! If you're after quick and easy recipes, IG is the place to be. I'm constantly inspired by the real food IG'ers that I follow. Lots of fun!
Have you tried Coconut Butter? My local heath food shop carries a
couple of brands, but this Loving Earth one (called Coconut Paste) is a lot cheaper. So far I've eaten it straight from the jar, made these cookies from it and also made some Choc Coconut Truffles from it. If you haven't already, give it a try and you'll be addicted like me! :)
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 mins
1/2 cup coconut paste/butter
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1-2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (340F)
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt coconut butter/paste in the microwave to soften.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- Flatten balls with palm of hand
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on trays.
- Store in freezer.
How quick and easy is that!
Add in some vanilla or other spices for variety.
I like to eat them straight out of the freezer. Enjoy! :)