For me, they are such a special, weekend treat. Definitely not something I make very often!
I've been experimenting with a pancake recipe for a LONG time now, but have finally got it right.
I'm using coconut flour more often in my baking, as it is lighter and easier to digest. But coconut flour is finicky; you can't just substitute another flour and have everything work out OK. Trust me on this one! :)
This recipe makes 4 pancakes, but multiply the recipe as you need to. I've found these pancakes are best make thick. I usually use the back of the ladle to spread them out, but they are better if you don't. Anyway, enjoy experimenting with how you like them best.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
1 cup coconut mik
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and whisk again.
- Sift the coconut flour and baking soda into the egg and milk mix and whisk well. Getting lots of air bubbles in the mixture helps them rise. :)
- Ladle spoonfuls of mixture onto hot frypan, oiled with coconut oil if needed.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- I've topped mine with homemade blueberry jam and coconut milk yogurt.