I must apologize that it's been so long since my last post. I admit I'm spending more time on Instagram and less on my blog. IG is so quick and easy to share ideas and recipes. If you are on Instagram, come find me at @anaussiewithcrohns :)
I've had a wonderful week away at Port Douglas during the school holidays. I loved the beautiful blue skies, sunshine and gorgeous beaches. Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef and exploring the Daintree Rainforest were highlights.
Now I'm home, I'm loving making these muffins. They are a variation on my Hot Cross Buns, without the crosses and with added pumpkin. I don't add any sweetener, because the pumpkin is sweet enough, but if you'd like it sweeter, just add a tablespoon or two of honey. I store these in the freezer and microwave for 30 seconds to reheat. Delicious! :)
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20-25 mins
Oven temp: 170 Celsius
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
1-2 Tbsp honey (optional)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice (pumpkin spice)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (340F)
- Grease 9 muffin tins with coconut oil
- Beat the eggs with an electric beater for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, mashed pumpkin and honey (if using) and beat again.
- Add the coconut flour, bicarb soda and spices and mix with the electric beaters for another minute.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes. Cool in tins.